Friday, May 3, 2013

Love Over Scotland & The World According to Bertie by Alexander McCall Smith

I finished Love Over Scotland and didn't want the story to end, so I immediately started The World According to Bertie.  These are books three and four in the 44 Scotland Street series.  It was fun to read about the characters we have come to know and love and see how they are doing.  Bertie continues to be my favorite story line.  He is a 6-year-old with a demanding mother who pushes him too hard and won't let him be a little boy.  It was also fun to read about Domenica's experiences with the pirates she left to study at the end of the second book.  In The World According to Bertie, I liked the character of Pat less.  I'm hoping I will like her again as she makes better choices in the next books.  I'm also looking forward to things improving for Bertie.

Alexander McCall Smith's books are always enjoyable.  He writes a clever story.  These two books are entertaining and are also quick easy reads.  They're definitely worth the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment