Friday, March 15, 2013

Something Blue by Emily Giffin

The first half of this book is very hard to read.  You want to like the main character, Darcy, but she just isn't likeable!  And when she finally changes (what a relief!), the change doesn't feel particularly believable.  I struggled with the first book in this series, Something Borrowed for similar reasons.  I found I couldn't really relate to either heroine, and I really struggled with supporting some of their big choices.  Yet, Giffin writes well, so I keep trying to read her books!  I keep expecting to read one that I love the character and not just her writing.   In spite of not liking the main character, this book is still entertaining and while it has an unbelievable and somewhat cheesy ending, at least it is nice and happy.  It's a fairly quick and easy read, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment