Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Small Gods by Terry Pratchett

This is a novel about Discworld, a fictional world Pratchett created and writes about in all his books.  I haven't read any of his books before, so it was all new to me!  Small Gods is about a young novice in the temple of Om who believes in the god with all his heart.  As the only true believer in the god, Brutha the novice has a personal encounter with Om.  This book tells about their experiences together.

I enjoyed this book.  I found it interesting to read about a whole new world, even if I felt a little lost, since I hadn't read any of the previous books.  Brutha is a sympathetic character who you'll cheer for as the book goes on.  Pratchett is a good writer and his characters seem real in their unreal world.

This book is appropriate, although it has references to a great deal of torture in the name of religion.

It is worth the time it takes to read this book.


No comments:

Post a Comment