Friday, September 20, 2013

Three men in a boat (to say nothing of the dog) by Jerome K. Jerome

This book was a bit of a surprise to me, mostly because of my own ignorance.  I didn't realize it had been published before 1900, and most of the time it feels like a more modern book.  Then every now and then there's an old-fashioned comment or somewhat jarring note because my mind wants to think it was more recent.  Like I said, that's my own fault due to preconceived notions and not the result of the book itself.

Three men in a boat is the humorous story of three men (and a dog of course) who decide to take a holiday up and down the Thames.  It has some really funny moments; it also has some poetic descriptions.  It is a very quick easy read as it is a super short book.

It is easily worth the time, but don't expect a life-changing experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment