Wednesday, January 23, 2013

The Catcher in the Rye by J. D. Salinger

I know I'm supposed to love this book, but I want this blog to be for real people (like me!) and not just people who love literature and literary styles.  And I don't love this book!   (I don't even like it.  I know, I know, it's practically un-American of me.)  It has hardly any story.  It has a lot of swearing, which I found distracting from the story line when I first started reading it.  I ended up feeling very sorry for the main character, who to me just seemed bi-polar and in need of treatment, which is not what the book is supposed to be about.  It is really short, though, and a quick read, so I think it is worth the time to read, if only so you know what people are talking about when they mention it!

No comments:

Post a Comment